Sell to and shop from fiber artists worldwide!
No listing fees, no transaction fees, no getting lost among millions of other listings...
1. How does the KnitCrate Marketplace work?
Any KnitCrate subscriber can list and sell their stash (e.g., yarn, needle sets) at KnitCrate.com's Marketplace
! You can sell any items on the Marketplace - it does not need to be product received/ordered from KnitCrate. Please note that all communications regarding sold products must be in reply to our emails to you regarding the applicable item - this is the only way to track bought/sold items.
2. How do I become a KnitCrate Marketplace seller?
1. be a KnitCrater: have a current recurring KnitCrate subscription (e.g., 5 Minis Monthly), and
2. create a profile page:
use the form below to set up your page (see a sample page
You can then list as many items as you want at our Marketplace listing page here
Each listing's minimum price (whether for a single skein or a stash) must be $20 USD with pricing including free S&H in your home country. During listing you can increase your listing price for S&H outside your home country.
Seller Fees & Payments:
- Seller fees: no listing fees, no credit card/PayPal transaction payment fees, no image uploading fees. That's not a typo - you pay no fees for listing or selling! However, a $2 fee will be assessed to your subscription account for each listing if you either (a) request removal from the Marketplace without selling such item through the the Marketplace or (b) refuse to sell or ship the item to a purchaser through the Marketplace.
- Seller payment: choose how you want to receive your proceeds:
- 100% payment to you of a KnitCrate E-Gift Card - never expires!
- 100% credit to your KnitCrate subscription account
- 90% payment to you of an Amazon.com E-Gift Card - never expires!
Options #1 and #2 are equal to 100% the amount of the sale price in the Marketplace (e.g., you sell a skein of yarn for $25, we issue you a $25 KnitCrate E-Gift Card or subscription account credit). By choosing this payment option you understand and agree KnitCrate.com's Terms.
Option #3 is equal to 100% the amount of the sale price of the products sold in the Marketplace less a 10% fee to KnitCrate (e.g., you sell a skein of yarn for $25, we issue you a $22.50 Amazon E-Gift Card). By choosing this payment option you understand and agree Amazon.com's Gift Card Terms and Conditions here.
All payments are made within 15 business days (25 business days for international shipments) of receiving the tracking notification number of the shipment to your buyer without issue.
Buyers Fees & Payments:
- Buyer fees: no fees for buying on the Marketplace - you only pay the product price listed (free S&H is built into the price) and we process the payment through our secure payment gateway. Please note that buyers are responsible for any currency conversion fees, customs/taxes duties, etc. (if any) the same as when you order product directly from KnitCrate.
- Buyer payment: you can pay for any Marketplace item using any major credit card (e.g., Visa, Mastercard, American Express), PayPal or a KnitCrate Gift Card the same as when you order product directly from KnitCrate
3. Who can buy on the Marketplace? What countries do Marketplace items ship to?
Anyone can order from the Marketplace (just like out online store) - you do not need to be a KnitCrate subscribe. KnitCrate ships worldwide and so do our Marketplace sellers! The Marketplace seller sets two price points during listing: (1) a price that includes free S&H in their home country and (2) a price that includes free S&H anywhere else in the world.
4. Does my KnitCrate Marketplace listing expire? What happens when I list?
No – it’s always good so long as you maintain Marketplace program eligibility (e.g., in good standing).
5. Do buyers earn KnitCrate Points by purchasing from me through the Marketplace?
Yes, they earn one KnitCrate Point for each dollar spent just like regular orders (100 points = $10 in our online store). How's that for an incentive to your buyer?
6. Can buyers use a Gift Card or other promo codes/discounts if they are purchasing an item through the KnitCrate Marketplace?
Yes – they can use their KnitCrate Gift Cards. However, KnitCrate Direct promo codes and any other promo codes/discounts cannot be used on Marketplace listings.
7. When and how will my order ship if buy from the KnitCrate Marketplace?
Your seller will ship your order as soon as possible in the most cost effective manner - usually within a few business days and using USPS in the US (and any local equivalent in other countries). For their protection they must email KnitCrate a tracking notification number, which we will send to you upon shipment if provided. Don't forget to leave a review at your seller's profile page!
Returns of any products are the sole responsibility between the Marketplace Seller and Marketplace Buyer - KnitCrate will not mediate any decisions regarding this matter. However, we reserve the right to prohibit anyone from utilizing any KnitCrate service in the future based on evidence of any improper behavior in our sole discretion.
7. How do I list my products on the Marketplace?
- use your Billing Portal login link to access your KnitCrate subscription account
- click on "List Now" under the red "Marketplace" button in the left column
- fill out and submit the listing form
We'll have your item listed within 2 business days and you'll be on the KnitCrate.com site for sale, including our powerful search engine. You can even share your product link(s) on other platforms like your Facebook page, Twitter account, Ravelry account, etc. to help move your product quicker. Also, you'll be in our new "Marketplace" category that drops down in our "Store" header link on every page at KnitCrate.com - how's that for exposure?!