Please don’t keep KnitCrate a secret – let all of your knitting friends know about our service! Also, please join us and fellow knitters on our Facebook page publicly available at http://www.FB.com/KnitCrate.
The KnitCrate Team
· January 2013 package reveal: Did you miss our reveal of the January 2013 package contents? You can see them at http://www.knitcrate.com/blogs/knitting-news-buzzworthy-and-interesting/7161842-revealed-january-2013-packages.
· New Add-On: You said “Sock it to me KnitCrate!” and we listened – SOCKS ARE HERE! All Monthly and Bi-Monthly subscribers can now add-on a premium sock yarn and pattern to their package just like with our Interchangeable Needle Set add-on options. The sock yarn and pattern will vary from month-to-month. See http://www.KnitCrate.com/pages/AddOns for details.
· New package: Standalone Sock Packages are here! You can now subscribe to a Sock Package (i.e., sock yarn, pattern, sweet or soothing extra, and fun extra) without subscribing to another package and doing a sock add-on. See here for monthly http://www.knitcrate.com/pages/subscribe and here for bi-monthly http://www.knitcrate.com/pages/subscribe-bi-monthly.
· Vogue Knitting Live: We attended VKL 2013 in NYC. . . see some pics of our experience at http://www.KnitCrate.com/VKL2013.
· January 2013 Giveaway: We gave away one skein of our exclusive hand-dyed Three Irish Girls KnitCrate Winter Colorway (as featured in our January 2013 Indie Package) and one KnitCrate Knit Bits Notebook on our Facebook page (see the post at http://www.FB.com/KnitCrate). More than 120 people entered the giveaway and Amber Lea Clark won! Congratulations Amber!
· February 2013 Giveaway: We are holding a giveaway for one February 2013 KnitCrate knitting subscription package OF THE WINNER’S CHOICE and a KnitCrate BAGGU Duck Tote Bag (as featured in our January 2013 knitting packages, which you can see here http://www.knitcrate.com/collections/past-packages). The winner will choose from our Sock, Baby, Beginner, Intermediate/Advanced and Indie February packages! The giveaway is on our Facebook page (see the post at http://www.FB.com/KnitCrate) and the winner will be announced on February 4th. We will be holding another giveaway shortly.
· Three Irish Girls KnitCrate Winter: Our 3IG exclusive KnitCrate Winter colorway in Springvale Bulky has been selling at a brisk pace! We just placed an order for more of this lovely item that we will continue to carry. Better yet, we also ordered it in Springvale Worsted from 3IG! We are taking pre-orders for that now (click here http://www.knitcrate.com/collections/frontpage-yarn/products/knitcrate-winter).
· Needles: We now offer for sale interchangeable needle sets from addi Click and Lantern Moon. Of course, you can still add-on an Interchangeable Needle Set to your package (see http://www.KnitCrate.com/pages/addons to learn more). Also, we now have available for sale the limited edition addi-Art Circular Diamond Needles (see our homepage for details).
· Betula Ring Kit: We are now offering a mini-kit with the Betula Ring pattern pictured here, 3 wood buttons of your choice and one skein of Three Irish Girls Winter Birch colorway in Springvale Bulky (click here http://www.knitcrate.com/collections/frontpage/products/betula-ring-cowl-kit-1).
· International subscribers: Given the inevitable delay of packages going through customs, we will now ship our international bound packages at least several business days prior shipping our US bound packages. This should help ensure that packages are received on a more uniform timeframe.
February 2013 Packages Reveal and Availability:
· In order to provide the majority of our subscribers time to receive their package we will not reveal the contents of February 2013 packages any earlier than February 13th
· You can see sneak peek pics of the February packages at our homepage
· We have a limited amount of extra past packages available for sale! Visit http://www.knitcrate.com/collections/past-packages for more information. Please note that the January 2013 Indie and February 2013 Baby packages are both sold out.
· Non-subscribers and subscribers can buy a single past package for $10 above the applicable subscription rate (February packages will be added to our site for individual purchase by February 15th) – WHILE SUPPLIES LAST
KnitCrate Mentions in January:
· Melissa Wiley posted on her blog page “And how’s this for incentive to pick up my own needles: I was sent a KnitCrate package to review for my subscription-box series at GeekMom—it’s loverly. The two yarns they included are to swoon for.”
· Be Sweet posted to its Facebook followers: “Our very own KnitCrate package arrived this week .. gorgeous! check this new company out!”
· Favorite Ravelry post: “Even though I’m not a Baby Subscriber, I had to go take a peek. The “hand” made tags are beyond words. Your team has some terrific ideas!!”
· Favorite Facebook pic share: “Well, hell yeah!” (when sharing our January 2013 Giveaway pic of our exclusive hand-dyed Three Irish Girls KnitCrate Winter Colorway available at http://www.knitcrate.com/collections/frontpage-yarn/products/knitcrate-winter)
· Favorite Facebook comment: “What a wonderful package, bright red and shinny. Felt like a child at Christmas opening the best present under the tree. When I got it open I found a lot of little packages. Sweet! Everything inside was fabulous. Can't wait for February's crate. Now to cast on my cowl :o)” (in reaction to receiving one of our January packages)
· Favorite email from subscriber: “This exemplifies great customer service by offering the promo code for my current skein of 3IG - I would like to use it on that skein and have it sent with my next package. Thank you very much!”
· Favorite post to our Facebook timeline: “I can't even say in words how glad I am to receive KnitCrate. Amazing yarn, beautiful patterns, awesome goodies, sneak peeks, beautiful packaging, excellent customer service, KALS. It's really nice to see how much you guys care about your company and your customers. Thank you KnitCrate!”
· 42% of our subscribers chose the Indie package
· 25% of our subscribers chose the Intermediate/Advanced package
· 19% of our subscribers chose the Beginner package
· The balance of our subscribers chose the Sock or Baby package
· 64% of our subscribers chose a Monthly subscription and 23% of our subscribers chose a Bi-Monthly subscription
· We have 323 Facebook likes, 78 Ravelry group members and 22 Twitter followers
· We had 2,240 unique visitors to our site in December 2012
· KAL Giveaway: Enter our Q1 2013 KAL giveaway to win great prizes. All sock add-on and standalone subscribers are able to participate in our KAL Giveaway! http://www.KnitCrate.com/KALQ12013 for more details.
· Referral Program: Refer two of your fellow knitters and after they subscribe you will receive your next month's package for free. There is no limit to the number of referrals you can earn. See http://www.KnitCrate.com/pages/rewards for more details.
· 20% off all yarn: All subscribers get 20% off all yarn – feel free to contact us if you have not received your unique PROMO CODE.