The Picnic Baby Blanket is a sweet addition to any little one's collection. It involves easy colorwork to create a checkered pattern with a cute bobble edge.
This beginner crochet blanket pattern is available in a baby or throw size and is perfect for cuddling, family picnics, or even playing giant chess! It makes a wonderful gift or a fashionable new add to your own home.
• 2 Sizes: baby and throw
• Timeless checker easy colorwork pattern with delicate bobble edging
• Worked flat with edging in the round
• Techniques used / Special stitches: Full explanations are given in the pattern.
• US crochet notations
• 6 mm / US J–10 hook
• Worsted weight yarn: Royal Zeeman yarn (100% acrylic, 100g/3.5oz, 241m/264yd):
o Color A: 4 (8) skeins in grey
o Color B: 4 (8) skeins in off white
o 1 (2) skeins in red for the border
You can easily substitute with any worsted weight yarn you want.
• Tapestry needle to weave in the ends.