I made this leaf garland to get some usage out of some of my scrap yarn, as well as to decorate my mantel for the season!
This leaf pattern is perfect from March until Christmas. You can also a knit black leaves garland for Halloween, or knit a leaf shape for making ornaments, for topping a gift, or just putting in a bowl on a coffee table.
Pretty versatile, don't you think?
In this knitted pattern, you will get two different sizes of leaves and the instruction for making the cord.
° This is a simple leaf garland knitting pattern; a straight needles pattern easy for any beginner to tackle.
And, if you're looking for help, I've got you covered! With your download, you will get a PDF photo tutorial to learn all the pattern stitches you need for this project.
• Instant download PDF
• Knitting skill level: Easy
• Standard American terms, with photo support
• Perfect project for new knitters
• Needles: US 5/3.75 mm for little leaves, and US 10/6 mm for big leaves
• Yarn: The leaves use small amounts of Fingering Weight in various colors.
• Other notions: Tapestry needle, a scrap piece of twine or wool
• Sizing: little leaves 2 inch/5cm and big leaves 4 inch/10 cm