This happy scarf showcases a diamond cable on a garter stitch background, accentuated by a hand-dyed yarn. Garter stitch gives a squishy feel, cables a nice interest - check out the wrong side of the fabric for a subtle quilted look!
Written for a button closure, but is easily converted into a cowl, infinity, or long scarf.
Suitable for a beginner to learn simple cables.
Instructions are written and charted.
- Size: 6 x 33” (15 x 84cm)
- Yarn: 1 skein Malabrigo Yarns Worsted (210 yds/192m, 100g/3.5oz, 100% merino wool) Shown in #22 Sauterne
- OR 1 skein Malabrigo Yarns Mechita (420yds/384m, 100g/3.5oz, 100% merino wool) hold doubled
- Needles: US 8 (5mm) straights/circulars as desired or size to obtain gauge
- Cable needle or double point needle
- Notions: Tapestry needle, one 1”/25mm button
- Gauge: 16 sts and 26 sts = 4”/10cm in garter stitch