The Simple Hat knitting pattern is a simple design, that goes with all outfits. I always have mine in the bottom of my handbag during holidays. It is so convenient! Warm, cozy and comfy.
It is also perfect to make as a gift. It is very simple so it is an ideal pattern to try out or perfect your double pointed needles skills. It is worked in the round from the rim to the top.
The simple hat design is very sober and can easily be used for men and woman depending on the yarn color chosen.
• Worked from the bottom up
• Uses double pointed needles (don’t panic, it’s not as hard as it looks)
• Size 63cm head circonference
• Size is easily adjustable (the pattern explains how)
• Techniques : knit, purl, knit 2 stitches together
• Illustrated step-by-step photos
• 5mm / US 8 and 6mm / US 10 double pointed needles.
• Nice, soft, bulky yarn. I used Julia yarn from Zeeman. In total, you need half a 100g skeins (approx 100m).
• Tapestry needle for weaving in the ends.
• Stainless steel T pins for blocking.
• Stitch marker