The Sydney Skirt knitting pattern brings a beginner-friendly take to a classic straight-cut skirt.
With an easily adjustable length, you can customize this high-waisted skirt for any look. Pair a short skirt with a set of tall boots for a 60s vibe, or don a pair of flats with a mid-length skirt for a more collegiate feel. Throw on some tights and this skirt will take you into the chilly fall months as well.
The wide elastic waistband ensures a perfect fit and keeps it in place all day.
My printable PDF pattern features the beginner moss stitch (alternating knits and purls), and includes step-by-step instructions for sizes XS through 5XL.
• XS to 5XL
• Worked in the round
• Seed stitch (alternating knit and purl stitch)
• Illustrated step-by-step photos
• 5 mm/ US 8 circular knitting needles.
• Worsted weight LionBrand Touch of Alpaca (10% alpaca, 90% acrylic, 190m /207yd, 100g/3.5oz) in Crimson colorway:
- XS, S & M: 3 skeins
- L, XL, 2XL & 3XL: 4 skeins
- 4XL & 5XL: 5 skeins
• Tapestry needle to weave in the ends
• 8 cm / 3” wide elastic band (length needed is your waist measurement)